Our latest newsletter has no less than three exciting features fresh from Zambia. These include a piece on supporter Alastair Ramsay, who visited Zambia in December and shares his thoughts (and photos) on the inspiring work of our partners BISO. Also in the newsletter:
- An interview with Cecily's Fund alumnus Melissa about her brighter future after education
- An interview with Roy Mwilu, Executive Director of our partners CHEP
- An update on our Christmas Challenge 2017, including the final total raised
- A story on the impact of our exciting DREAMS programme in Chingola
- "Spirit of Adventure: a look at some of the amazing sponsored events available in 2018
We hope you enjoy the newsletter! Look out for additional issues in May, September and October and be sure to contact us with any comments or queries.
Our Christmas newsletter is now available to download! Our final issue of the year features the launch of our Christmas Challenge, a recap of this year's Cecily's Day, and much more.
Featuring a brand-new layout, our final newsletter of 2017 summarises what has been another busy year for Cecily's Fund. The key story is the upcoming launch of this year's Christmas Challenge: between December 1st and 14th, we're aiming to once again raise £20,000 to support our work into 2018 and beyond. The theme is "Life After School", and we will be sharing just some of the ways that our work is helping to prepare children in Zambia to live healthy, self-sufficient lives after they've completed their education. Look out for lots more news on the Challenge in coming weeks.
Also in the newsletter:
- A concise recap of Cecily's Day 2017, at which we celebrated our 20th anniversary
- A tribute to our 2017 fundraisers, including those who took part in Swim Serpentine, the London 10K, and the Zam Challenge
- An interview with young "star baker" Lucy Chambers, whose bake sales raised hundreds for Cecily's Fund
- All the details of the great products available in our online shop this Christmas