Autumn has arrived, and with it our third of four newsletters this year. You can download your copy today, or read the newsletter via Issuu, or read the individual stories online using the links below.
- New possibilities: how our DREAMS Innovation Challenge project is giving new hope for the future
- Seeing change first-hand: from the diaries of our latest supporters to visit Zambia, this summer
- A new dawn: find out how one of our savings groups has helped found a new school in Kitwe
- Returning to the Great South Run: Bedales School aim to beat their £8,000 fundraising total from 2017
- Southborough High School's 10K triumph: celebrating the school's fundraising success in July
We would love to hear your views on all of our latest stories as we move into Autumn. Our next newsletter will be available in November, and will launch our Christmas Challenge for 2018.
Cecily's Fund is hugely grateful to the 20 people who ran the Virgin Sport British 10K on Sunday July 15th. The team, drawn from Southborough High School, Doughty Street Chambers, and independent runners, have together raised a fantastic total of over £4,260!
While many of us were relaxing and preparing to watch the World Cup final, these inspiring runners were preparing to make their way into central London to compete alongside 10,000 others. The British 10K is one of the biggest events of its kind in the UK, a staple of Cecily's Fund support for over a decade, and takes in iconic sights such as Big Ben, St James' Palace and Trafalgar Square.
We're particularly grateful to the 14 members of staff from Southborough High School who took part on the day and have together raised a tremendous sum of £2,131 including Gift Aid. In addition to raising money online via JustGiving, the school also undertook other fundraising activities including an auction for a pair of football boots from former Ivorian international Kolo Touré.
The fundraising pages for all of our runners are still open and we would very much appreciate further donations if you are inspired by what our runners have achieved. The total raised so far is enough for us to help over 80 orphaned and vulnerable children remain in school for a year - a fantastic impact.
Support Our Runners - JustGiving Pages
The London 10K, Cecily's Day, and our upcoming Zam Challenge football tournament are all featured within the packed pages of our 2017 Summer Newsletter, available now!
The second of our three 2017 newsletters is the last before our 20th anniversary celebration at Cecily's Day on September 2. It's packed with information on all the events and fundraising going on to celebrate the milestone:
- A new Q&A with two of the teachers from Southborough High School who are once again running the London 10K for us this July
- All the details of The Zam Challenge, a brand-new football event we are running together with Burford School on June 9 (you can learn more and donate here)
- An extensive piece by our co-founder Basil - Cecily's father - on the origins of Cecily's Fund and the ongoing importance of Cecily's Day